Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Travel Wish List

2011 was a year full of traveling for me.  I traveled more last year than I ever have in my life.  So much so, I am now referring to it as The Year of the Suitcase.  Or maybe I'll call it The Year That I Finally Started Checking Off My Travel Wish List.  Ok, maybe that's a bit too long but you get my point.

I love to travel.  Love, love, love it!  Road trips, flying, family getaways, and girlfriend get-togethers...I love them all!  If I could (meaning: if I was rollin' in the dough) I would travel all the time!  I love exploring new places, staying in nice hotels, eating out, taking a ton of pictures...it makes me feel free.  I also love returning to favorite locations for the same reasons.

Because I love traveling so much, I have a "Travel Wish List."  This is a list that I've compiled throughout the years of all the places I want to visit, at least once, in my lifetime.  A Bucket Travel List, if you will.  Or is it a Travel Bucket List??

Last year, I was able to scratch off 2 locations, Washington, D.C. and Seattle/Forks, Washington!  I totally just realized I went to BOTH Washingtons in the same year!  SMH!  They were both dream-come-true vacations but, unfortunately, I wasn't able to do/see everything I wanted to, so I can't mark them off my list completely.

So, without further jibber-jabber, here is my Travel Wish List (in no particular order):

1. Washington, D.C. - We didn't get close to doing everything while we were there last summer.  Next time, we have to see the Library of Congress, the Declaration of Independence, a few more museums, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the inside of the Washington Monument.  I also would like to see the White House without my son vomiting in the front lawn.

2. Seattle and Forks, Washington - I'd love to go explore Seattle some more and see the Space Needle.  As far as Forks goes, I really don't have to go back for the Twilight stuff, except for when I take my mom.  She will never forgive me for going to Forks without her!  The next time I am in the Forks-area, I plan on renting a cabin on Second Beach and then take my time exploring more of La Push and seeing the Sol Duc waterfalls.

3. New Orleans, Louisiana - Yes, I have been to New Orleans many, many times but it has been 14 years since I was there and I am dying to go back!  I really want to take the kiddos and show them the beautiful culture the city has to offer...and then I want to leave them with family so that I can meet my NOLA-area Tweeps on Bourbon Street!

4. New York, NY - Of course, it has been a dream to go to NYC...all the sights, shopping, and excitement!  I'd love to go during the Christmas holidays to see Rockefeller Center and the big Christmas tree.  I also want to see as many Broadway shows as possible!

5. England/Ireland/Scotland - These three places have always been at the top of my list.  There are simply too many places to visit and things to do to mention here but, WHEN I go, it will be the trip of a lifetime!

6. Australia/New Zealand - Again, I've always wanted to travel to New Zealand but the desire is even stronger now that The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and both Hobbit movies have been filmed there.  And, since Australia is close-by, might as well mark that one of my list at the same time!

7. Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida - I LOVE Disney World and it will always have a place on my list.

8. Los Angeles, California - Being a fan of music, TV, movies, and pop culture all of my life, I have been dying to travel to LA for as long as I can remember.  I have always wanted to see the famous "Hollywood" sign, Rodeo Drive, and movie sets, as well as, anything else that has to do with the entertainment industry.  This is the year that I MUST go.  I mean, REALLY.  As in, I'm gonna throw a very ugly 30-something year old fit, flailing and crying on the floor, if I can't go.  That might be a slight exaggeration but not by much.  For those of you who don't know, this year marks the end of the Twilight Saga.  The greatness that is The Saga will live on forever but this is the last time there will be a Twilight Saga movie premiere and I want to be there!  I know quite a few Tweeps that were there for the epicness last year and even more are going this year!  It will be a week of tents, Tweeps, celebs, and amazing fun!!  I know some of you think I'm crazy, including my husband, but this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that I hope I can take this November! *bats eyelashes at Hubby*

9. Hawaii - because everyone wants to go to Hawaii!

10. Cleveland, Ohio - because I want to see the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and I couldn't leave my list on an odd number.  :-)

What travel destinations do YOU dream about?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome list... There is no way I could narrow it down to 10, but I would love to see Fiji, Italy, Costa Rica, and I've always wanted to rent a cabin on the coast of Maine for a month and write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to go to Italy and New England, also. I'm telling you, sitting on Second Beach with the waves roaring constantly...gorgeous! I want to go back and just sit on the beach in front of a fire while reading and drinking coffee!

      Delete
  2. I was blessed to go to Italy for my 40th birthday and I just went to Hawaii (my only bucket list item at the time) last year. So what is newly on my list...

    Poland - my family heritage
    New Zealand - if only to see TwiKiwi50/Amy
    All of Europe - why not
    Actually the whole world. I never thought I would feel that way because I used to be a nervous traveller but last year and the whole Twilight thing has me stepping out and loving it. So now I want to visit everywhere and meet up with all my Twilight friends I have around the world.
    Now if I could just become independently wealthy!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!