In honor of my daughter turning 11 today, this post will celebrate the awesome-ness that is my Mackenzie Drew and highlight some of my favorite Mac moments and traits. Enjoy!
1. When Mackenzie was just a day old, she would pick her head up and look at me as I held her and talked to her. I imagine her thinking, "Ok, Mom, I'm out now. You can highlight your hair again...soon, please."
2. When she was 2 or 3, she asked me why my "tee tee" had a beard. This is probably be one of my all-time favorite Mackenzie stories ever. I should be embarrassed but I just can't be...it's funny, pure and simple.
3. "Harry Potter" has been her boyfriend since she was 3 years old. She would even say his name in a British accent like they do in the movies. Also, in her preschool class, she had a "boyfriend" named Thomas....who had black hair, green eyes, and glasses! The only thing missing was the lightening bolt scar, I swear!
4. I have always referred to her as "Scott with a vagina" because she looks and acts just like her daddy. She does share some of my traits, though, like....umm...hold on, let me think of some.... Well, we both really like music and movies....we love staying in hotels.... Yeah, I'll have to come back to this one.
5. Mackenzie is quick witted and has an awesome sense of humor (there's something else we share!) but I do have to remind her occasionally that not everyone considers sarcasm as a form of entertainment.
6. She loves dogs almost as much as she loves her family. I fear for when she moves out of the house and can have as many dogs as she wants...
7. Mackenzie loves to irritate her brother but she is very protective of him in that "I can mess with him but you better not" kind of way. I can't wait for them to be teenagers! *sarcasm*
8. Although she likes watching those annoying Disney shows, her favorite TV channels are The Food Network and HGTV.
9. She says she hates Twilight and thinks Robert Pattinson is ugly. I can forgive her because I KNOW that will change in 2-3 years.
10. Although, Mackenzie has never "lived" in Louisiana, she bleeds Purple & Gold through and through. That's simply good parenting skills, I'm just sayin'.
11. Of course, she's very tall for her age (5'3" and growing) and is very skinny but that does not mean she is weak. Let her give you one of her rib-crushing hugs and you'll see what I mean!
12. She set her sights on joining the local swim team, worked hard during 3 months of lessons, and achieved her goal. I was so proud to see her succeed.
13. She thinks I'm beautiful and should not wear make-up. This is another trait she shares with Scott and not with me. ;-)
Mackenzie is a beautiful young lady with an infectious laugh and loving heart. She has blessed me in more ways than I can count. I look forward to watching her change and grow and I can't wait to see what's in store for her.
Happy birthday, Precious Angel!!