Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

One year and sixteen days ago my life was forever changed.

2013 will never be a favorite year of mine but I still can't bring myself to speak too badly of it.  The worst things I've ever experienced occurred this past year with the deaths of Scott and both of our dogs, so it has certainly been the most difficult year of my life but good things happened, too.

My children are happy and healthy.  We are back home in a new house and close to most of our family and friends.  The kids love their new school and friends and it's wonderful to be back at our church home.

As I look forward, I find myself at peace.  I survived an entire year of milestones without Scott and even though I dreaded each and every one of them, I know I'm stronger because of them.

I'm hopeful for 2014.  God is with us all and He never fails to love and bless us, giving us everything we need, especially when we struggle.  I could not have made it through this past year without Him.

Sending all of you much love as you ring in the new year!  Thank you for all of the love and support you've given me and my family.  May God bless you!


4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jiff. I am so thankful for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have had many blessings this past year, many positives to take away from 2013. I know Scott is looking down on you and the kids and he's proud of how you've got through each milestone and how you've pushed through the hard times. I'm praying you have a healthy, prosperous, and love-filled 2014! I love you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you... you're such an inspiration, my dear. You and your family are constantly in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!