Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FOOORKS2011!!

I know, I know.  I've been home from Forks for 3 weeks and I am just now blogging about it!  Sorry!

I've been trying to decide how I want to approach this post.  Do I spill the beans on everything that was said and done while I was in Twilight Heaven?  Do I keep all the juicy details to myself and let you squirm until you completely forget about me and my trip?  Decisions, decisions....

Ok, enough squirming!  I'm not THAT mean...usually.  I think I'll just give you a brief review, since most of you follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter and were bombarded by posts and pics as the trip happened anyway.  My next post will be tips and advice for those of you who plan on taking your own trip to Forks one of these days!

What can I say?  My trip to Forks was simply amazing.  I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I have traveled, not only to Forks, Washington, but to the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  It is unlike anywhere I have ever been and, if you haven't been there, you should plan a trip ASAP!

We (my most-awesomest roomies, JK & M, and I) started our trip in Seattle.  We were only there for one evening and half the next day but we filled that time with as much fun as we possibly could.  We saw the Space Needle (from a distance), some really cool buildings, and Pike Place Market.  We took pictures of, what we thought was, the very first Starbucks.  Then, we took pictures of the REAL very first Starbucks!  And, to make that achievement even better, we realized we were there on National Coffee Day!  How perfect?  Seattle truly is a beautiful place and I would love to go back with my family and spend more time there.



JK & I enjoying our National Coffee Day iced coffee from the REAL original Starbucks!


From Seattle, we rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island.  Riding a ferry was a first for JK and M, which I thought was funny but I'll admit, this ferry ride is much prettier than the one to Galveston.  I'm just sayin....  During our 3 hour drive to Forks, we passed through Port Angeles and stopped to take pictures of Crescent Lake.  My words and pictures simply do not do the scenery justice.  It is just like the Twilight books describe but even better.  Everything really is covered in green and moss and ferns really cover the ground like grass.  I was not a listed driver on our rental car agreement, so I was able to sit in the back seat and look out the windows and into the woods whenever I wanted.  I could almost swear that I saw a vamp or two running through the forest but that could also have been the car sickness I experienced throughout the trip. ;-)



HWY 101 and Crescent Lake...breathtaking..


The girls and I were beyond excited about arriving in Forks.  So much so, that every (and I mean EVERY) sign we passed that had the word "Forks" on it elicited a scream from us that could almost break glass.  Finally, in the distance we could see THE sign.  Yes, the "Welcome To Forks" sign.  The sign that made it sink in that, yes, we were in the Twilight Heartland FOR REALIES.  There may have been a tear or two or, at the very least, some moist eyes... *insert scream!*  See?  It still has that effect on me.  Ok, I'm better now, I promise...maybe.


 Getting closer...

 ...and closer...

...and I'm finally in Forks!!


While in Forks, we did everything a TwiHard should do: we shopped, we visited all of the Twilight-themed attractions, we took pictures, and we even reenacted some of our favorite scenes from the movie.  We also were able to spend some fun times with other Twilight fans at the Elks Lodge when we attended the TwiTarded parties.  It was absolutely incredible to meet so many people from the fandom that, until this trip, I had only talked to through Twitter and blogging.  I met fans from all over the country and even a few from England and Sweden!  These women (and a few husbands) are all ages, races, sizes, etc but when you meet them, it's like you've known them forever.  I've never experienced any thing like it, including my time in my sorority.  I love these ladies hard and I wish we could see each other more often!

In addition to doing all of the touristy things in Forks, we drove back to Port A and had dinner at Bella Italia one evening.  The mushroom ravioli is a must and I'm not just saying that because it is what Bella orders in the book and movie.  It really is delicious!  We also saw a bit of the Hoh Rainforest, LaPush, and Third and Second Beaches.  We never made it to First Beach.  Believe it or not, we ran out of time...in Forks!  Crazy but it's true!


 Bella's truck from the movie!

 Mushroom Ravioli from Bella Italia!

 A moss-covered tree from the Hoh Rainforest!

The Roomies and I on a driftwood tree at Second Beach!


This trip was an incredible experience.  I met awesome people, bonded even more with my new besties, and saw the places that inspired some of my favorite books.  And I cannot wait to do it again!

I know this post is brief...for me, anyway...but if you'd like to see more, check out my fb page!

3 comments:

  1. awesome pot Jiff, I miss all of you hard...Can't wait for the next big get together..Maybe tent city LA for BD2 ..XOXO Double_Dippin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish we had more time together in Forks. I am glad we did actually meet but we had not time to talk :( But next time there is no stopping us.

    I am glad you had such a wonderful time in Forks, it truly is a gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!