Continuing the birthday post tradition, today I'm putting myself in the hot seat. I've had a lot of fun and crazy experiences in my 37 (gasp) years and I thought it would be fun to share some with you. Grab you some popcorn and laugh at my expense. Just don't choke! I cannot be held responsible for anything other my stories.
1. If you haven't already figured it out, my birthday is the day after Jack's birthday. He was the best birthday gift ever! Much better than the tubal ligation I had on my birthday, after he was born.
2. When I was very, very young, my favorite song was "Funkytown", my favorite movie was "Grease", and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) was my celebrity crush.
3. When I was in first grade, I wanted to be a comedian. That quickly changed to being a rock star, which I still want to be when I grow up.
4. The first time I went to New Orleans, I was 11 or 12 years old. We, unknowingly, arrived on Gay Pride Day and ended up seeing some pretty interesting things. That night, New Orleans was put under a hurricane warning and our hotel was evacuated, so we just drove back home.
5. I went to my first concert when I was in 3rd grade and I've been rockin' out ever since.
6. I saw Sha Na Na when I was in college and was pulled on stage to slow dance with the lead singer during a song. As we turned to where the singer's back was facing the audience, I grabbed his butt. My mama told me to!
7. A few years back, my 2 high-school besties and I saw Jimmy Buffett in concert in Houston, Texas. When we were leaving our hotel to walk to the show, we entered an elevator with about 10 other Parrottheads. We were almost to the lobby when the elevator fell 1 1/2 stories and became stuck in between the lobby and basement. We had to wait for the fire department to come and pull each of us out before we could make our way to the concert!
8. I've seen KISS in concert 3 times. The last time, I painted my face to look like Peter Criss' face. For those who don't know, he was the drummer with the cat make-up. No one believes me when I tell them this but I have pictures to prove it!
9. It took me 5 1/2 years to graduate from college because I changed my major 3 times. 9 years later, I went back to school to get my teaching certificate because I never used my original major.
10. While I was in college, I was initiated into Phi Mu Fraternity. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made and I love being a Phi Mu Lady.
11. When I was high school, I volunteered for Bill Clinton's first Presidential campaign. He came to Lake Charles, La and I met him. He had very soft hands, like he had never worked a day in his life.
12. I went to both home games when the Houston Astros played in the World Series. The first game I attended is one of the longest World Series games ever...14 innings! It was nerve-wrecking, to say the least.
13. I met Scott in a Louisiana video poker truck stop/restaurant when I was 20 and he was 27. We dated off and on (more off than on) for the next 2 years. July 25, 1997, he asked me to be his girlfriend. The following month we drunkenly declared our love to each other on Bourbon Street and I started crying because I couldn't cook. September 27, 1997, he asked me to be his wife. December 31, 1997, we were married. Best. Decision. Ever!
14. I rode on the back of Scott's motorcycle from Houston all the way to Sturgis, South Dakota for Bike Week, earning my Iron-Ass Award and bragging rights from my in-laws. The truly amazing things is that I packed for an entire week in ONE SADDLE BAG!
15. I went to FORKS, y'all!!
16. And, this year, I'm going to LA to camp out in Tent City with thousands of other TwiHards for the Breaking Dawn 2 premiere!!!!